When riding a bicycle, getting hit by a vehicle can have devastating and life changing consequences. As bikes lack the protection of a car, a collision can leave a cyclist with extreme injuries, including broken bones, concussions, and internal injuries. When hit riding a bike, your first concern should always be your health and safety, but getting proper compensation for your injuries should also be among your top priorities. At Ring Jimenez, P.C., we can fight for you to ensure you aren’t taken advantage of and make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Things to keep in mind when struck riding a Bicycle:
- Call 911 and report the accident
- Remain at the scene in a safe location until emergency personnel arrive
- Gather insurance & contact information for the driver of the vehicle
- Record the names and contact information for any witnesses
- Take pictures, or if you are too injured ask someone to take pictures, of:
- The scene of the accident,
- Damage to your bike,
- Your injuries, and
- The vehicle that hit you – including a picture of the license plate
- Seek medical treatment for any injuries
How Ring Jimenez, P.C. Can Help You
Our goal at Ring Jimenez, P.C. is to ensure that our clients get the compensation that they deserve. When hit riding a bike, you are much more likely to suffer severe and life threatening injuries, making it all the more vital that you receive enough compensation to cover your existing and future medical care as well as other damages. Our team will help you every step of the way, from dealing with the insurance companies through the final resolution of your claim. If you want us to help you with your case, call or text us today to get your free consultation!