Albuquerque is a hot air balloon hotspot. Commercial air tours, paid hot air balloon rides, sightseeing excursions and the popular Albuquerque balloon festival send thousands of people into the air each year. While seeing Albuquerque from the basket of a hot air balloon can be an exhilarating experience, it can quickly turn deadly due to human error and tour company negligence. If you were injured or a loved one died in an Albuquerque hot air balloon accident, please contact the lawyers at Ring Jimenez, P.C. for a free consultation. Our Albuquerque hot air balloon injury attorneys understand these accidents and how to fight for justice on behalf of victims.
Why Hire Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Accident Attorneys?
- We are passionate about assisting victims after tragic and unexpected aircraft disasters.
- We have served the Albuquerque community as personal injury lawyers for more than a decade.
- We use our knowledge, experience, and compassion to obtain maximum results for our clients.
- We can take personal injury and wrongful death cases to trial in Albuquerque, if necessary.
- We accept all hot air balloon accident cases in Albuquerque on a contingency fee basis.
Common Causes of Hot Air Balloon Accidents in Albuquerque
Hot air balloon accidents are never events, meaning they should never happen. Hot air balloon disasters are preventable with due care by those in charge, such as the owner of the tour company, the owner of the balloon, and the aircraft’s operator. At Ring Jimenez P.C, our Albuquerque personal injury lawyers work closely with experienced investigators in Albuquerque to determine the cause of hot air balloon crashes for our clients.
- Negligent piloting
- Pilot error
- Poor decision-making
- Improper lookout/pilot inattention
- Failure to take the weather into consideration
- Lack of communication with ground crew
- Pilot drug or alcohol impairment
- Lack of personal protective equipment for passengers
- Defective restraint systems
- Defective hot air balloon
- Propane tank failure/explosion
Hot air balloons do not have the same safety regulations or operational requirements as other aircraft, such as airplanes and helicopters. For example, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) does not require commercial balloon pilots to submit medical certificates. Air balloon pilots, therefore, can operate even with physical or psychological conditions that make them less likely to fly safely. Our attorneys know how to hold negligent air balloon operators and companies liable for their mistakes.
Injuries From Hot Air Balloon Accidents
Hot air balloon disasters are typically catastrophic. Tipping, dragging, bouncing, fixed-object collisions, passenger ejections, collisions with power lines, and hard landings are common types of hot air balloon accidents. Some of the worst hot air balloon accidents have no survivors. If there are survivors, they can suffer severe to permanent personal injuries.
- Burn injuries
- Explosion-related injuries and amputations
- Respiratory injuries from smoke inhalation
- Blunt force trauma injuries
- Bone fractures
- Lower extremity fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries/paralysis
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Permanent disability
Despite multiple attempts from the National Transportation Safety Board, the FAA still refuses to change the rules governing hot air balloons and their operators. Many adventurers seeking the thrill of hot air balloon rides in Albuquerque do not realize the lack of safety regulations in this industry. At Ring Jimenez, P.C., we have stayed on top of hot air balloon tragedies in New Mexico. We know how to spot negligence and demand justice for victims and their families.
Injured in an Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Accident? Contact Us Today
A safe hot air balloon flight requires the utmost care by all parties involved. This includes the owner and operator of the balloon, the tour company, the maintenance team, and the ground crew. Negligence by any of these parties could cause a preventable disaster. Our hot air balloon accident attorneys in Albuquerque know how to hold negligent parties liable on behalf of injured clients or grieving loved ones. If you or someone close to you is the victim of a hot air balloon accident in Albuquerque, contact our attorneys today. We can review your case and explain your rights for free. Call (505) 373-3333 24/7.