No victim should have to handle the aftermath of a serious injury alone. A serious accident can inflict life-changing injuries on a survivor, along with significant medical bills and lost wages. Pair this with pain and suffering and it is easy to see why the average claimant requires assistance with a personal injury lawsuit in Albuquerque. It is not easy to go up against powerful defendants and insurance companies unrepresented and achieve a fair outcome.
At Ring Jimenez, P.C., our personal injury lawyers provide compassionate and effective legal representation to clients during personal injury claims in Albuquerque, New Mexico at no costs upfront. Our Albuquerque personal injury lawyers care about your injury, your accident, your future, and fighting for justice on your behalf. We will do what we can to ensure a fair outcome for your personal injury case. Contact us today for a free initial consultation. Our Albuquerque personal injury lawyers may be able to help you obtain financial compensation from a negligent party.
Personal Injury Resources:
- Why Choose Our Albuquerque Personal Injury Lawyers
- Benefits of Hiring an Attorney
- Common Types of Personal Injuries
- Compensation Available in an Albuquerque Personal Injury Claim
- Free Consultation: Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Albuquerque Today
Why Clients Trust Our Albuquerque Personal Injury Attorneys
- We care about our clients and show them every day. Our Albuquerque personal injury attorneys are constantly going the extra mile for their clients, whether that means meeting them at their homes or hospitals for consultations or taking cases to trial for maximum compensation.
- We have years of successful case results. Attorneys Iris Ring and Francisco Jimenez have been representing clients in New Mexico for more than 10 years. They have successfully resolved hundreds of cases and secured millions of dollars for clients.
- We accept Albuquerque personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. We never charge a fee unless we win. We founded our law firm on the belief that all injured accident victims deserve the chance to benefit from high-quality legal representation, regardless of financial status.
Do You Need an Albuquerque Personal Injury Attorney?
During a personal injury claim in Albuquerque, NM, your personal injury lawyer will act as your advocate. Your lawyer will not say or do anything he or she does not firmly believe will progress your case to the next step. A lawyer can be an important ally and resource during an injury claim in New Mexico. A lawyer works for you, not the other way around. Your lawyer will put your recovery and well-being above everything else. A personal injury lawyer can improve your chances of obtaining maximum compensation for your damages.
An Albuquerque personal injury lawyer will know exactly how to deal with insurance companies and their bad-faith tactics, such as an insurer denying a valid claim or reducing your recovery without an honest reason for doing so. Your lawyer can take over negotiations for you, to optimize your award without putting you through a difficult legal process. With the right personal injury attorney by your side, you can obtain maximum compensation for your past and future losses with peace of mind.
Common Types of Personal Injury Accidents in Albuquerque, NM
At Ring Jimenez, P.C., personal injury is the only thing we do. We are a full-service personal injury law firm with lawyers who live and work in Albuquerque. Our partner, Francisco, was born and raised here. We are 100% committed to helping injured people in Albuquerque and throughout New Mexico understand their rights and how to protect them during personal injury claims. We accept many different types of cases at our local law firm.
- Motor vehicle accidents (all types)
- Aviation and hot air balloon accidents
- Train and Rail Runner accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog attacks
- Defective product claims
- Nursing home negligence
- Catastrophic injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
Do not hesitate to ask us for advice about your particular claim during a free consultation in Albuquerque. We understand how challenging it can be to face a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit on your own. Our Albuquerque personal injury lawyers have proven and effective litigators who can pursue maximum compensation on your behalf. Our Albuquerque personal injury lawyers will use aggressive legal tactics to force a negligent party to pay what you require.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
In New Mexico, the civil justice system allows an injured accident survivor or family member to file a claim for damages if someone else’s negligence, carelessness, or intentional wrongdoing caused the accident or injury in question. You might have grounds to file a personal injury claim in pursuit of financial compensation if you or your lawyer can prove the existence of four main elements.
- Duty of care owed by the person allegedly at fault for the accident.
- Duty of care breached, either negligently or intentionally.
- Causation between the breach of duty and the accident/injury.
- Damages suffered by you in the accident.
Some cases do not require evidence of a breach of duty. If a defective item injured you, for example, the manufacturer may be strictly liable without the need to prove negligence. An Albuquerque personal injury lawyer from Ring Jimenez, P.C. can review your specific case for free to give you information about your burden of proof. Then, your lawyer can take the necessary steps to bring a strong claim to damages on your behalf. Damages can refer to medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional injuries, legal fees, and more.
Insurance Coverage in Albuquerque Personal Injury Cases
In some personal injury claims, you may be eligible to file an insurance claim before proceeding with a civil lawsuit. For example, if you suffer injuries in a car accident with a negligent driver, you can file a claim with his or her insurance company. Property owners and homeowners may also have insurance you can file claims under. Different pathways are appropriate for different cases, so make sure to speak with your personal injury lawyer before proceeding with a claim.
After your accident, a representative from the at-fault party’s insurance company may reach out to you and ask for a statement. It is important to avoid speaking with these representatives until you contact your attorney. You should also avoid accepting any early settlement offers from these adjusters; this early offer can be much lower than the compensation you actually qualify for.
Insurance companies want to minimize the amount they have to pay for your damages. These statements, which often occur before you know the full extent of your injuries, can harm your ability to claim the compensation you deserve. You may make a statement that implicates you for liability, or you may say something about your injuries before you understand the full picture. However, these adjusters can use premature statements to cast doubt on your credibility and justify a lower settlement. For best results, speak to your lawyer first.
Compensation Available in an Albuquerque Personal Injury Claim
After an accident, you can sustain serious losses due to the negligence of the at-fault party. Under New Mexico law, you can claim compensation for both economic and non-economic losses in a personal injury claim.
Common types of economic damages include past and future medical expenses, disability accommodations, property damage, and lost wages. If your injury prevents you from returning to work, you may claim loss of future earnings as well. Non-economic damages, or physical and emotional pain and suffering, may include the following.
- Depression and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Chronic pain
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Permanent disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of care, companionship, or consortium
How Does a Contingency Fee System Work in Albuquerque?
When we say we operate on a contingency fee basis, it means we only charge our clients if and when we win their cases for them. If we do not succeed in obtaining our client financial compensation from a defendant, he or she will not pay us a dime – no catches and no hidden fees, guaranteed. When we do succeed in securing settlements and jury verdicts for our clients, we deduct our fees from the award won rather than billing the client directly.
We never take more than our client receives after deducting medical expenses, costs, and fees. With this payment arrangement, you will never have to afford your lawyer out of pocket. Our payment system can provide peace of mind when you need it the most. We work hard to make high-quality legal representation available at no financial risk to our clients.
How Long Does a Personal Injury Case Take to Settle in New Mexico?
There is no set time it takes for a personal injury claim to reach a conclusion. Some cases settle before reaching the courtroom or even becoming a lawsuit. Others can take a year or longer to reach a settlement, especially in cases involving serious, catastrophic injuries and very high amounts of damages.
While different cases follow different timelines, most personal injury claims follow the same basic process.
- First, your personal injury attorney will investigate your claim and wait until you reach maximum medical improvement.
- Next, your attorney will consider sending a demand letter and engaging in negotiations with the at-fault party. Your case may settle at this stage.
- If negotiations do not occur or are unsuccessful, your attorney will file your complaint in New Mexico civil court.
- You and your attorney will enter the discovery process, where you will exchange information with the at-fault party and collect testimony. Discovery can take several months to complete.
- After discovery, you and your lawyer may enter pretrial negotiations. Your case may settle at this stage.
- If pretrial negotiations are unsuccessful, you will enter the courtroom. During trial, the court will hear arguments for both sides and determine if you qualify for compensation and how much your award should be.
- The court will issue a decision. If the court rules in your favor, you can expect to receive your settlement within a few weeks, as long as all processes go smoothly. If the court does not rule in your favor, you can choose to appeal the decision.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Albuquerque Today
At Ring Jimenez, P.C., our experienced team of personal injury lawyers want you to know you are not alone. It may feel like everyone is working against you after a serious accident, but our Albuquerque personal injury lawyers are on your side. We are here to make you feel heard and seen. We will not settle for anything less than what you and your family deserve after someone else’s negligence causes a serious injury. Discuss your personal injury case in detail with our attorneys in Albuquerque today. Call (505) 373-3333 or contact us online to request a free consultation.
Client Testimonial: 5/5 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I believe the expertise and professionalism of the attorneys at Ring Jimenez Law firm would be hard to match.
More Client Testimonials