Like most major cities, Albuquerque offers a variety of ways for locals and visitors to get around. One option is taking the train. The New Mexico Rail Runner Express is a popular train service that takes passengers from Albuquerque to Santa Fe, while Amtrak also offers transportation to and from the city. If a train gets into an accident, riders, as well as parties outside of the train, can suffer serious injuries, usually worse than most car accidents in Albuquerque. At Ring Jimenez, P.C., our Albuquerque train accident attorneys are locals. We are passionate about helping train accident victims recover compensation and demand accountability by train companies in the greater Albuquerque area.
Why Choose Us as Your Albuquerque Train Accident Attorneys?
- Our Albuquerque accident lawyers always make our attorneys and support staff available to our clients. We provide up-to-the-minute information on the statuses of our client’s cases.
- We work tirelessly to secure the best possible outcome for each client. We understand the difficulties most clients face in the aftermath of Albuquerque train accidents.
- We handle all train accident cases in New Mexico on a contingency fee basis. We do not charge a cent in legal fees unless we succeed in securing the client’s compensation.
How Can a Train Accident Attorney Help?
A train or Rail Runner accident in Albuquerque can come with a complex web of liability. The party responsible for the accident could be the train company, conductor, part manufacturer, driver, or a third party. It often takes an Albuquerque accident attorney’s assistance to properly identify the liable party or parties for these complicated accidents.
After determining the cause of your train accident, an attorney can help you demand maximum compensation from the at-fault party. While an insurance company knows it can take advantage of an unrepresented client, it will have no choice but to listen to an attorney. A train accident lawyer can protect your rights as an injured victim by negotiating with an insurance company for you.
What Causes Train Accidents in Albuquerque?
In 2019, the Federal Railroad Administration reported 11,667 train accidents in the US, along with 7,907 injuries and 901 fatalities. These accidents included collisions with drivers and pedestrians at railroad crossings, trespasser injuries and deaths, and railroad worker accidents and injuries. At Ring Jimenez, P.C., we have connections to train accident experts and seasoned investigators who can help us get to the bottom of the causes of accidents for our clients. Some instances may include:
- Negligent train conductor
- Intoxicated train conductor
- Train company negligence
- Poor conductor hiring and training procedures
- Improper train or track maintenance
- Broken rails or faulty welding
- Faulty track installation
- Faulty train equipment or parts
- Train-to-train collisions
- Train collisions with motor vehicles
- Train car detachment
- Train derailment
- Accidents aboard a train
- Criminal activity on trains or at train stops
Once our train accident lawyers understand the cause of a train or Rail Runner accident, we can take action against the negligent or at-fault party. Our attorneys can aggressively advocate for your rights as an injured passenger or worker. We can file your lawsuit by New Mexico’s deadline, help you preserve and present key evidence, and negotiate with an insurance company on your behalf. Our attorneys will not let you settle for less money than your injuries demand.
If you were in a personal vehicle and were struck by a train, please call our Albuquerque car accident lawyers today to help with your case.
What Are Common Injuries Related To Albuquerque Train Accidents?
Considering that trains are essentially giant metal boxes moving at rapid speeds when an accident does occur, it can be terrible in terms of the injuries sustained and at times, the loss of life. For the most part, the most common injuries as a result of train accidents include:
If you or a loved one have experienced any of these injuries as a direct result of a train accident in Albuquerque. Don’t hesitate. Call our skilled train accident lawyers today and receive the compensation for the pain and suffering that you deserve.
What Compensation Is Available?
If you are eligible for compensation for an Albuquerque train accident, our local lawyers can help you fight for a full and fair amount. We can seek damages for both economic and noneconomic losses connected to a defendant’s negligence. These may include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost earnings
- Disability-related losses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional injuries
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Travel expenses
- Punitive damages
Discuss the value of your train accident case with our attorneys today.
What To Do After A Train Accident?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in an accident involving a train, there are various steps that you can take to help ensure your well-being and recover maximum compensation for your losses. Some of these steps can be taken immediately following the incident, while others will take place over the days and weeks following the crash. We understand that it may not be possible to take all these steps or to take all of them in this exact order. However, we encourage you to do as much as you can to cover your bases.
- Follow all directions. Immediately following a train accident, there will be various instructions that you need to follow. If you are a passenger on the train, you will hear instructions from the attendance. Listen carefully, and move towards any emergency exit, emergency window, or door release as you are directed. If you are on the outside of a train and sustain an injury in an accident, listen to any law enforcement official or first responder that shows up at the scene.
- Seek medical care immediately. It is crucial for you to seek medical treatment as soon as possible, even if you do not think you have sustained severe injuries. It is not uncommon for there to be hidden injuries in the aftermath of a train accident. This means that these signs and symptoms of the injuries show up in the hours and days that follow. By seeking immediate medical care after an Albuquerque train accident, you are establishing a link between the incident and any injuries you sustained while also ensuring your well-being throughout the process.
- Document everything. It is crucial to begin documenting everything about the incident and gathering evidence as soon as possible. Sometimes, this is possible at the scene of the crash, but you should only begin to gather evidence after you have reached safety. This can include using your phone or any other type of device to take pictures of everything you see, including damage, possible causes of the crash, injuries, traffic and weather conditions, rail conditions, and more. Do your best to get the names and contact information of others involved and any eyewitnesses to the incident. We strongly encourage you to write down everything you remember about the incident because memories tend to fade over time. Write down your experience and the details that you remember as soon as possible.
- Determine fault. Determining fault in the aftermath of a train accident is a complex process, and you will not be expected to do this on your own. It is crucial for you to contact a skilled Albuquerque train accident attorney who can help you with every aspect of your claim. An attorney will get involved quickly, begin their own investigation, and handle all communication with other parties involved. They will use their resources to gather seemingly unattainable evidence, including train company records, employee records, safety and maintenance data, and more. An attorney will be the liaison between you and the insurance companies, state and federal investigative agencies, and other legal teams.
Contact Our Albuquerque Train Accident Lawyers 24/7
If you or a loved one was injured in a train or Rail Runner accident in Albuquerque, New Mexico, do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation. We can travel to meet you at your home or a hospital if your injuries prevent you from coming to our office. Call (505) 373-3333 today to reach Ring Jimenez, P.C.